Residential Medical Officer (Rotational) Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 1 view
About the role
The Resident Medical Officer (RMO) participates in the provision, development and maintenance of an effective, efficient and equitable clinical service to West Moreton Health Service clients under the supervision and direction of the Director of the relevant department to which they are allocated.
This is a rolling ad and applications will be assessed as received
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with particular reference to effective communication and courtesy when interacting with patients, relatives, general public and health care colleagues.
- A commitment to participate in on-going educational activities
- Sound theoretical knowledge, practical skills and ethical behaviour required of a medical practitioner
- To comply with and utilise contemporary human resource managements and practices, including workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination policies.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.