Risk Management Coordinator Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 1 view
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ))
Metro North Health is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering excellent care underpinned by our values of respect, integrity, high performance, teamwork and compassion.
Metro North Health provides the full range of public sector health services including rural, regional and tertiary teaching hospitals. Our service covers an area of 4157 square kilometres and extends from the Brisbane River to north of Kilcoy.
Metro North facilities include:
- Caboolture Hospital
- Woodford Correctional Centre
- Kilcoy Hospital
- Redcliffe Hospital
- The Prince Charles Hospital
- The Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
- Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service
- Community and Oral Health
- Metro North Mental Health
Working within Metro North Health is an opportunity to contribute to providing outstanding health services to Queenslanders. We are committed to best practice and continuous quality improvement and encourages staff to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
Metro North Health promotes a healthy balance between your work and personal life, provides flexible work hours, paid parental leave and study leave options.
For further information please visit the Metro North Health website. This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Demonstrate advanced specialist knowledge, experience and clinical skills in relation to contemporary enterprise risk management principles and practices initiating, managing and monitoring patient safety systems to provide hospital staff with effective and timely access to the information necessary to comply with the NSQHS standards.
- Provide leadership, direction and development of the risk management function across RBWH to ensure the needs of RBWH Executive and the MNHHS are met.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and reasoning, advanced problem-solving skills and expert clinical judgement to initiate improvement activities, utilising best practice principles, to effect positive patient outcomes and to meet regulatory and policy requirements of a large, complex service organisation.
- Responsible for the professional development of self and others utilising contemporary practice in the delivery of improved standards of care and to ensure that staff are adequately equipped to manage risk.
- Participate in innovation and change management processes to address emerging service needs by initiating safety partnership with service line staff to facilitate sustainable safety and quality improvement initiatives and outcomes.
Job ad reference number: RBH444570 Close date: Friday, 30th September 2022
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Queensland Health employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED