Security Shift Supervisor Full-time Job6 days ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 1 view
About the role
The purpose of this role is to oversee all security team-based functions for their given shift pattern and supervise Fire Safety & Security Officers to ensure they are conducting their duties as required.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role include;
- Coordinate and lead safety, security and emergency responses of security officers on shift, in accordance with Acts, regulations, and Queensland Health policies and procedures.
- Promote a client-centric focus and actively contribute to the development of integrated stakeholder relationship management strategies
- Supervision of the operation of facility-based surveillance and alarm monitoring systems including the coordination of patrols and routines in accordance with prescribed schedules.
- Ensure the timely completion of administrative functions such as Daily Security Reporting, handover/takeover briefs, Incident Reports, logs, etc. during their shift.
- Assist in the management and coordination of the fire and fire alarm response, including fire panel and response training to staff in collaboration with facility fire safety advisers.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to supervise a security services team within a healthcare or similar organisation with respect to legislative and procedural requirements, and coordinate staff and procedures in emergency situations.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively liaise with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in a team environment.
- Sound knowledge of Acts, regulations, standards, practices and procedures relevant to the provision of security fire, safety and security services.
- Ability to identify, analyse, exercise sound judgment and resolve operational issues
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.