Senior Business Officer Full-time Job4 months ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 29 views
Reporting to the Delivery Director, the Senior Business Officer will work closely with Stream Leads and Project Managers within the Delivery Office to coordinate and manage the financial, procurement, human resource and business practice, ensuring that operational and project KPIs are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with QPS values as outlined above.
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Act as the first point of contact and primary point of resolution for all business services matters within the business unit.
- Coordinate and manage the Delivery Office's financial and procurement activities including:
- Provision of expert advice on department finance and procurement policies, procedures and issues.
- Proactively managing the office's operational and project budget processes including coordinating and facilitating the planning and preparation of budgets, and ongoing monthly budget monitoring, reconciliation and reporting in collaboration with the Finance Business Partner.
- Overseeing and/or conducting the purchase of goods and services in support of the office's activities, including the management of ICT Contractors.
- Managing ICT assets purchased by the unit including completion of the annual stocktake.
- Coordinate and manage the Delivery Office's human resources activities including:
- Provision of expert advice on department human resource policies, procedures and issues.
- Proactively managing the office's recruitment and retention activities including: establishment and ongoing monitoring of positions, recruitment and selection, appointments and extensions, and staff induction.
- Coordinate the Delivery Office's business management activities including:
- Identify, coordinate and support the development of business and operational plans across the office to support continuous improvement.
- Researching and preparing the response to Ministerial and executive correspondence including briefs, submissions and other requests as required by senior management.
- Arrange appointments, meetings, forum and conferences including booking venues, travel and accommodation.
- Provide appropriate advice and direction to other administrative and project staff within Information and Technology Services.
- Ensure good stakeholder relationships are maintained and non-compliance of key performance indicators are escalated for resolution.
- Other tasks as directed by the Director, or senior management.
Are you right for this role?
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to manage financial, human resource, information and technology and procurement activities within a large complex organisation.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for improvement, resolve problems and work autonomously to achieve organisational goals.
- High level analytical skills, including the ability to interpret, advise and apply policy, develop solutions to complex problems, provide high quality advice and implement innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated high level administrative and organisational skills and a proven ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team, set priorities and achieve quality outcomes within demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills including the ability to provide confidential executive advice to senior management on issues impacting on the provision of services within the work unit.
- Well-developed interpersonal, consultation and other communication skills, particularly tact, discretion, sensitivity, confidentiality and an ability to communicate and work with executive management and staff