Senior Finance Officer Full-time Job2 months ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 12 views
About the role
The position supports the Business Manager, Surgical and Perioperative Services (S&PS) by providing:
- Assistance in development of the annual budget and ongoing forecast process
- Monitoring and analysis of the commercial impact of business activities
- Assistance in the development of high-level advice to the Business Manager and other senior leaders that enables strategic decision making by the Service Line and Hospital executive to deal with ongoing change within the public health environment.
The staff member in this role is expected to demonstrate a detailed understanding of the business functions of health care delivery. Additionally, they will be focused on the relative costliness of service activity and the identification of opportunities for improvement.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Highly developed interpersonal, consultation, negotiation, and communication skills to deal effectively with personnel at all levels in the organisation.
- Sound knowledge and ability in the use of health information systems, particularly DSS Necto.
- Advanced Excel skills especially in the collation and manipulation of data, reporting, and analysis.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with substantial experience in the review, interpretation, and analysis of information especially in relation to the costing of health care services in an ABF environment.
- Ability to respond to financial information needs of management and provide advice within the context of a complex system.
- Applied knowledge of budgeting and forecasting, and modelling changes in health care services and the cost impact of those planned or unplanned changes.
- Sound knowledge of or an ability to quickly acquire a sound knowledge of procedures, policies, regulations, which impact upon the position, in particular Public Sector Management Commission Standards, and knowledge of contemporary human resource management issues such as workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity & anti-discrimination.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number:RBH459032 Close date: Tuesday 13th December, 2022
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED