Senior Lawyer Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 7 views
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ))
Metro North Health is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering excellent care underpinned by our values of respect, integrity, high performance, teamwork and compassion.
Metro North Health provides the full range of public sector health services including rural, regional and tertiary teaching hospitals. Our service covers an area of 4157 square kilometres and extends from the Brisbane River to north of Kilcoy.
Metro North facilities include:
- Caboolture Hospital
- Woodford Correctional Centre
- Kilcoy Hospital
- Redcliffe Hospital
- The Prince Charles Hospital
- The Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
- Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service
- Community and Oral Health
- Metro North Mental Health
Working within Metro North Health is an opportunity to contribute to providing outstanding health services to Queenslanders. We are committed to best practice and continuous quality improvement and encourages staff to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
Metro North Health promotes a healthy balance between your work and personal life, provides flexible work hours, paid parental leave and study leave options.
For further information please visit the Metro North Health website. This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Provide expert legal advice on a wide range of health law matters directly to frontline staff and Executive, including issues regarding coronial investigations and inquests, operation of clinical review processes (such as RCAs, Quality Assurance Committee processes, formal clinical reviews under Part 6 of the Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011 (Qld)); and consent/capacity issues. This includes provision of expert advice regarding substitute decision-making and any other complex ethical issues that may arise in clinical practice.
- Provide expert legal advice to Human Resources staff, and Executive, in regard to a range of employment/HR matters including matters pertaining to engagement, management, discipline and separation from employment under the Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011 (Qld); the Public Service Act 2008 (Qld); and the Industrial Relations Act 2016 (Qld).
- Provide expert legal advice regarding information and document management under the Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011 (Qld), Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) and Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
- Expertise in conduct of litigation (including advocacy) in various courts and tribunals on behalf of MNHHS.
- Mentoring of other lawyers, including students.
Job ad reference number: MN445647 Close date: Friday, 7th October 2022
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Queensland Health employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED