As theSenior Medical Laboratory Scientist you will work as a team member in Molecular Morphology Section providing a comprehensive diagnostic service to those hospitals on site as well as a comprehensive central support and referral service to laboratories throughout Queensland and overseas. The successful candidate must hold least, a tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification in science from a recognised university or tertiary institution.
What we are looking for:
- Proven high-level knowledge, skills, and ability to analyse patient specimens by applying advanced independent scientific judgement in the subspecialty areas of Molecular Histochemistry, Neurohistology, Enzyme Histochemistry and Immunohistochemistry.
- Proven ability to exercise independent scientific judgement in providing advice to peers, anatomical pathologists, surgeons, clinicians, and other internal and external clients impacting patient care and service delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to train and educate staff while actively participating in and contributing to continuing education and other professional development activities.
- Proven ability to develop and apply scientific practices and actively contribute to research activities within the service and externally through collaboration with other disciplines, research groups and universities.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and implement quality and service improvement activities to continually improve patient care in accordance with NATA/ISO accreditation/certification.
How to apply:
Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
- Your resume, including the names and contact details of two referees who have a thorough knowledge of your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years, and it is preferable to include your current, immediate or past supervisor.
- A short statement (maximum two pages) that gives details of your skills, experience and knowledge as required on the role description under the headingkey competencies (role specific criteria)'.
What is on offer:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Annual leave loading 17.5%
- Salary packaging
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
- Employee Assistance Program
- Job Security