Senior Medical Officer (BreastScreen Queensland) Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 4 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity:
Permanent part-time opportunity, 56 hours per fortnight.
The Senior Medical Officer will:
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of an effective and equitable, high quality breast cancer screening and assessment service for the BreastScreen Townsville catchment area.
- Coordinate clinical staff and decisions, and the clinical management of patients.
- Advise the Service Manager on issues of a clinical nature, which impact upon planning and provision of services.
- Co-operate with health services, other departments, and outside agencies to ensure that breast screening and assessment services integrate effectively with hospitals, community health services, general practitioners, and the wider community.
- Liaise and work with other BreastScreen medical staff with the clinical management of clients and undertake associated administrative duties.
Salary: Remuneration package of up to $315,302 p.a. (+ other applicable allowances/benefits) comprising salary range of $78.32 - $108.17 p.f. (L13 - L25), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development assistance (allowances and leave), and inaccessibility allowance (if applicable).
Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Mandatory possession of a medicine degree from a registered tertiary institution.
- Registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Highly Desirable:
- Possession of, or progression towards obtaining, the Fellowship of the Australasian Society of Breast Physicians (FASBP).
- Fellowship or eligibility for Fellowship of the Royal Australian College / New Zealand College of General Practitioners.
- Experience or major interest in provision of health services for women, women's health issues and/or preventative medicine.
- Possession of counselling skills.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- 6-month probation period.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Discover Townsville! ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville )
Contact: Janet Lengren on 07 4433 3319.
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 13 February 2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.