Senior Medical Officer, General Practitioner with Special Interest (GPwSI) in Paediatrics Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 11 views
About the role
This position will provide high quality outpatient services for children within a community setting that supports the provision of safe, effective and holistic paediatric services within West Moreton Health.
The General Practitioner with Special Interest will work in paediatric clinics that see school aged children with learning, developmental or behavioural conditions who require assessment and management plans.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates sound interpersonal skills, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with upmost respect to all people at all times.
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops talent, values differences and builds effective teams to bring about the best use of resources to deliver healthcare services.
- Compassion is focussed on the needs of patients and their families, demonstrates self-awareness, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services.
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision making, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and of a high standard.
- Excellence a record of academic and professional excellence though contributions in areas including research, education, public health advocacy or relevant professional peer leadership. General practitioners with experience in paediatrics and mental health are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.