Senior Podiatrist (Thursday Island) Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing Cairns region,Far North Qld 5 views
Tell me more...The role will deliver a culturally safe and responsive Senior Podiatry service with a particular focus on High-Risk Foot, within a multidisciplinary team, using a comprehensive Primary Health Care approach and in accordance with the Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Service organisational goals. High Risk Foot problems are particularly relevant for clients with chronic disease, those diagnosed with amputations, foot ulcerations, peripheral neuropathy, peripheral vascular disease and gross foot deformities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated application of high-level knowledge, expertise, and skill in generalist podiatry clinical practice across the full continuum of care, with particular experience treating high risk diabetic feet, including the capacity to work within a Primary Health Care approach within a multi-cultural context, preferably Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, to deliver effective and culturally safe and responsive services.
- Demonstrated high level communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in teams, provide supervision and education to a podiatrist, Clinical Assistant/co-worker; and to provide advice to colleagues and senior management regarding clinical service standards, service development and business planning processes relevant to the delivery and development of podiatry services.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
- Base comprising salary between $115,049 - $123,799 p.a
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
- Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
- Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility
- Great support team
- Professional development
Requirements for the role:
- Mandatory possession of a qualification in Podiatry and registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA), including any necessary endorsements. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/ manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a C' Class Drivers Licence. An appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
- Travel across the TCHHS will be a requirement of this position in commercial and/or light aircraft and ferries.
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf?bustCache=20243277 )).
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies