Senior Policy Officer Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 2 views
Provide support to international business development policy and project engagement activities which contribute to the development of evidence-based, innovative strategies, policies and programs to facilitate research, translation and commercialisation of health and medical research into practice in Queensland. This includes developing and delivering initiatives and strategies which maximise the value from the Queensland Government's strategic health relationships, building on Queensland health capabilities to improve health outcomes of Queenslanders.
The role has a focus primarily on supporting Queensland Health's international engagement and business development activities and developing market opportunities for Queensland's research, health products and services expertise. Key markets of interest are the United States and Europe. Therefore, knowledge and experience of international business development in these markets are highly desirable.
The successful person
You will have:
- Experience in program and project development, planning and delivery, particularly in business development opportunities.
- Strategic, research, analytical and policy skills including the ability to critically assess relevant issues.
- High level oral and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of health and medical research issues.
- Ability to work autonomously, flexibly and as a team member, prioritise work, achieve required outcomes and meet deadlines.
While not mandatory, a relevant qualification in biomedical biotechnology or another relevant field would be well regarded.
The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
Clinical Planning and Service Strategy (CPSS) is a newly created division responsible for delivering clinical service strategy and planning, workforce strategy, planning and leadership, mental health strategy and planning, and research and innovation functions to improve health services available to the Queensland community, optimise health gains, reduce inequalities, and maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the health system.
- A fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.