Senior Registrar - Emergency Medicine Full-time Job8 months ago Doctor / Physician South Perth 27 views
This hospital open in November 2015 and is a public and private hospitals health care facility. It is Australias third largest private hospital operator, with 24 hospitals and facilities comprising a total of 367 beds, 307 for public patients and 60 for private patients. Expand your skills, knowledge, and confidence as a Registrar in the speciality area of Paediatric Medicine. We provide specialised care covering paediatric patients up the age of 16 years and for neonatal patients from 34 weeks gestation and upwards. We have a total of 12 paediatric beds and a 6 bed neonatal nursery with 24/7 consultant support. There are daily outpatient clinics where registrars have the opportunity to see patients on their own and then discuss the cases with a consultant in the next room. The hospital provides a range of medical and surgical services. The public hospital includes an emergency department, critical care unit, maternity unit, neonatology unit, paediatric unit, mental health unit, and various clinical support services. The private hospital provides specialist medical and surgical care for both inpatients and day surgery patients.
Only 16 kilometers from the city center this area is classified as regional. The town is lively and becoming increasingly busy attracting commuters from a wide surrounding area. Commercial and retail trade has been expanding and continuing development in commercial and residential property has given the city a lovely mix of historic charm and modern character blending seamlessly.
- 48-bed department opened in November 2015
- FACEM-lead team-based care
- Excellent, varied case-mix providing a broad clinical experience, including paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology
- Accredited for 18 months Emergency Medicine with ACEM
- Paediatric log book accredited
- Designated non-clinical FACEMs Monday to Friday to supervise WBA's
- 4 hours weekly protected teaching time
- ACEM Primary and Fellowship Exam preparation programs
- Regular non-clinical time to participate in departmental activities
- One-on-one bedside ultrasound teaching by a certified Sonographer to gain skills in AAA and eFAST and fulfil CCPU requirements
- Access to non-ED rotations including anaesthetics, intensive care, paediatrics and general medicine
- Opportunity to attend Midland-based courses including Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), ALS 2, PRactical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training course (PROMPT) and biannual accredited Ultrasound Course
The successful candidate will have:
- General registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Demonstrated clinical and procedural experience in an equivalent ED setting
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience
Our client is seeking Trainee and Service Registrars to provide a high quality patient centred care to patients under the supervision of the Head of Department or duty consultant in the Emergency Medicine Department.
Please click on apply now or for more information call Liam on 07 3210 6332.
The JPS recruitment team is comprised of recruiters from diverse global backgrounds with many decades of combined medical recruitment experience. The tremendous "know how" they bring to JPS has helped the company become an industry leader. Whether you are planning your next move or looking to recruit quality professionals then we are here to help.