Senior Scientist - Donation & Recovery Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 2 views
Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- This role is a specialist clinician who is responsible for delivering and assisting with the coordination and management of donor assessment, tissue recovery and tissue allocation services using surgical techniques to facilitate the donation and supply of tissue (including but not limited to ocular, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal and skin).
- This role will also provide clinical expertise and technical advice to QTB's internal stakeholders on donor assessment, tissue recovery and allocation activities, and the development and implementation of new techniques, processes and procedures in the field.
- Mandatory possession of undergraduate or higher level degree in medical science, science, applied science or a relevant field.
- This position requires a suitable degree of physical fitness. Physical requirements of the position include:
- Standing for long periods to maintain a sterile field.
- Wearing of personal protective equipment which may include sterile gown, cap, hood, face mask, safety glasses, gloves, shoe covers and coverall.
- Manual handling which may include bending, twisting, reaching, squatting, kneeling, gripping, pushing/pulling, carrying and lifting.
- An ability to perform patient and heavy equipment manual handling will also be required.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )andQueensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ( http://www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ).