Senior Social Worker - Laidley Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region,Toowoomba region 6 views
About the role
The purpose of the Social Worker role is to provide high level clinical leadership and psychosocial clinical services to patients within a complex multidisciplinary environment, and as a part of a team of a rural multidisciplinary team within a regional health care service, Laidley Hospital.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated competence and experience in delivering social work clinical services in accordance with the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW) Code of Ethics and Professional Practice Standards using well developed psychosocial assessments and intervention skills and specialist expertise in evidence informed clinical care, support and advocacy in the health care system.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership for active and ongoing professional development, research and supervision and to meet the CPD hours set by the AASW.
- Demonstrated competence in professional clinical practice across multiple specialities, adherence to defined service standards and the management of complex patient/client care, whilst exercising a degree of independence and professional decision making, accessing clinical practice supervision and guidance as required.
- Demonstrated effective written communication skills including psychosocial assessments, correspondence with service providers and clinical reports and the provision of practice within the medico legal requirements.
- Demonstrated competence in communication, negotiation, consultation, advocacy, and interpersonal skills to be independent in effective problem-solving including conflict resolution and to work cooperatively with other professionals and contribute positively in all interactions in the workplace at all levels.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.