Senior Speech Pathologist (Paediatrics) Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Mackay region 2 views
About the Mackay Hospital and Health Service
Mackay Hospital and Health Service ( https://www.mackay.health.qld.gov.au/ ) has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,300 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Benefits of working for the Speech Pathology Service
- Significant professional development opportunities and clinical/professional support including:
- Supported clinical upskilling across specialist areas such as Video Fluoroscopic Swallow Study, laryngectomy management, tracheostomy management and paediatric feeding
- Learning frameworks for extension of clinical skill sets
- Queensland Health organised or presented professional development opportunities, state-wide professional networks and state working groups
- Professional Development Allowance of $1,826 in addition to opportunities above and base salary.
- Supportive and easily accessible clinical supervision.
- Access to flexible work arrangements.
- Relocation support as negotiated (as per policy)
Testimonies from our current and past speech pathologists
- Moving to a new city without any friends or family can be daunting, especially as an early career Speech Pathologist, however from the moment I arrived at Mackay Base Hospital I felt extremely welcomed by the Speech Pathology team and wider Multidisciplinary team as a whole. I felt extremely supported in my learning and supervision, and found the peer supervision, Journal clubs, and related evidence-based discussion with my colleagues helpful in my development as a Speech Pathologist.I remember prior to starting in my role seeing on the MHHS website, Big enough to challenge you, small enough for You to matter' and this hit the nail on the head for me. I felt challenged through the broad presentations of the patients I was working with but enjoyed the aspect of being able to know all MDT members and for us to work closely together in achieving our patients goals.
- MBH was a great place to start my career! The team was so supportive, and I was able to get great experience in a range of clinical areas. It really set me up for the next stage of my career in the best way possible.
- One of the many reasons I enjoyed my time working at Mackay Base Hospital was the caseload variety. Even as a HP3 clinician I was trained in and worked within several areas of more complex speech pathology practice including laryngectomy, cancer care and ICU.
How to apply
For full details of this role and how to apply, please refer to the attached Role Description.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, vaccine preventable diseases Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on your vaccination requirements should you be the successful applicant for this role, please refer to the Queensland Health employment directives ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/directives/employment ).