Senior Staff Specialist - Anaesthesia and Perfusion Services Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 2 views
About the role
- The Senior Medical Officer (Anaesthetics) is responsible for providing high quality Anaesthetics management across the required services at The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH) and Metro North Hospital and Health Service (MNHHS).
- The Senior Medical Officer (Anaesthetics) provides leadership in clinical services of Anaesthetics that is innovative, encourages participation in treatment and care aimed at achieving demonstrable improvement in patient outcomes.
- The role requires the applicant to undertake a broad range of anaesthetic and perioperative practice and there are opportunities to develop special clinical interests across a wide range of specialties.
- The Specialist Anaesthetist will lead and manage the provision of medical services in accordance with the standards of the speciality, the ethics of the profession and in accordance with the Metro North HHS and Queensland Health policies in a hospital setting.
- Research, administrative work within the Department and teaching at under-graduate and post-graduate levels are encouraged.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops talent, values difference and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services
- Compassion is patient / client focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services or support in the delivery of services to patients
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
- Demonstrated clinical and technical expertise with appropriate knowledge, skills and ability in Anaesthetics (especially anaesthesia for orthopaedics, general surgery, urology, vascular surgery, gastrointestinal endoscopy and acute pain management) and a commitment to clinical service provision
- Demonstrated commitment to education, research and total quality management programs within Anaesthetics and related disciplines
- Demonstrated personal qualities of motivation, initiative and well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of contemporary human resource management issues, especially workplace health and safety issues, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: PCH473955 Close date: Thursday, 16th March 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED