Senior Staff Specialist - Forensic Psychiatrist Full-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 5 views
About the role
- It is the purpose of this role to provide specialist psychiatric services to forensic and high-risk consumers across the southern and central areas of Queensland as part of the Queensland Forensic Mental Health Service (QFMHS) Community Forensic Outreach Service, Qld Fixated Threat Assessment Centre, Court Liaison Service, Indigenous Mental Health Intervention Program, Police Communications Centre Mental Health Liaison Service, Parole Board Liaison)
- In the first instance it is intended that this role will be primarily located within the Community Forensic Outreach Service (CFOS) with the potential to move across arms of the QFMHS as required.
- Participate in the integrated forensic mental health service including clinical, training, supervision, research, and service development activities.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops talent, values difference and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services
- Compassion is patient / client focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services or support in the delivery of services to patients
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
In addition, applicants will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and services in Forensic Psychiatry.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge or capacity to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of Queensland Mental Health legislation and National and State policies, principles and plans relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated high level of written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated skills in forensic psychiatry, research and service development.
- Demonstrated ability to educate medical and other staff in forensic psychiatry issues, including the supervision and training of registrars.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: MH466826
Close date: Friday, 17 February 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED