About the role
In accordance with the Metro North Health values, as outlined below, the role of the Specialist Emergency Medicine Consultant is to provide high quality, cost efficient and effective clinical and non-clinical services to directly or indirectly benefit the patients/clients of Metro North Health Service and encompasses all the roles described in the CanMEDs ( file:///Q:/Recruitment/1%20-%20MN%20JARs%202023/RD/RD466893/Springboard%20and%20Seek%20Template%20V9.docx#_ftn1 ) framework. This includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future.
In addition to the key accountabilities listed below, the role of Specialist Emergency Medicine Consultant is to provide such services as may be reasonably directed by your line manager as outlined on the Organisational Chart, including any intra-department portfolios allocated from time to time.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
As a Medical Expert you are accountable for:
- The Clinical Care of Patients/Clients allocated to you,
- The maintenance of appropriate Credentials and working within your awarded Scope of Clinical Practice (SoCP) as determined by Metro North Health and limited by the Clinical Service Capability Framework (CSCF) of individual facilities. At a minimum, this will require maintenance of registration as a (specialist) medical practitioner in a discipline relevant to the position as outlined above,
- The provision of high-level Knowledge and Skills within the discipline/department.
- Providing high quality expert Consultation and Advice directly to patients or to General Practitioners (GPs), and within Metro North Health as required.
- Providing high quality expert Clinical Service to patients of Metro North Health as directed within the above Scope.
As a Professional you are accountable for:
- Actively taking part in Quality Improvement, Risk Management, Peer Review, Morbidity and Mortality Meetings and Audit and to demonstrate positive change as a result. This includes support for National and College quality standards.
- Demonstrating Ethical Practice and Decision Making in both clinical and non-clinical areas, including fulfilling all responsibilities of this role in accordance with Queensland Health's core values, and the Code of Conduct for the Queensland Public Service at all times.
- Ensuring high quality and timely Clinical and Non-Clinical Documentation and Management of Information whether paper-based or enabled by information technology. This includes being responsible for the quality and timeliness of documentation of medical staff who report to you, including junior doctors.
As a Communicator you are accountable for:
- Actively encouraging within your team, respect for Cultural Diversity including promotion of indigenous health.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: RD466893 Close date: Friday 3rd February, 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED