Integrity | Compassion | Accountability | Respect | Engagement
What's on offer?
Remuneration package of up to $486,763 p.a., comprising base salary range of $188,800 - $239,377 p.a. (L18-L27), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave (3.6 weeks p.a.),private practice arrangements, communications package, professional indemnity coverand inaccessibility allowance (if applicable). Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
Other employment benefits offered by our health service (if applicable to the position) include: on-call allowances, shift allowances, locality allowances, flexible working arrangements, access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs, employee assistance program and salary sacrificing options.
About the role
- Provide comprehensive ophthalmology services across a wide range of pathologies and patient age within the Department of Ophthalmology.
- Work within the team charter of Ophthalmology to build a collegiate team and happy workplace.
- Provide support to the Director Ophthalmology in leading and participating in service development activities in respect of the Ophthalmology Department within your realm of responsibility.
- Provide professional leadership in respect of the Ophthalmology Department activities and in particular, your specialty team(s).
- Manage the delivery of patient care in the area of Ophthalmology Surgery including management of complex clinical situations.
- Qualified as a medical practitioner with qualifications in Ophthalmology and current registration and / or eligible for registration as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia in that field.
- Proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- All applicants must be awarded SoCP by the THHS Credentialing and SoCP committee.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists or equivalent or evidence of working towards this. Candidates who will be obtaining fellowship in the near future are encouraged to apply. Appointment will be at a lower classification level until minimum requirements for the Staff Specialist classification are obtained.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an active and outdoor lifestyle, where the sun shines for over 320 days of the year.
Contact:Donna Dowling on (07) 4433 3496.
Apply ONLINE by:Wednesday 22 February 2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.