Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist or Senior Medical Officer (Clinical Ethicist) Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Gold Coast 4 views
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist or Senior Medical Officer (Clinical Ethicist) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10,000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
About the role
The Clinical Ethicist will provide medical leadership for clinical ethics across the organisation and develop a comprehensive clinical ethics service for Gold Coast Health. Activities of the service will include:
- Clinical ethics case consultation;
- Education & training for staff wellbeing;
- Assistance with organisational policy development; and
- Quality Improvement and Research.
Requirements for the role
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against - Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Hepatitis B and COVID-19.
- Tuberculosis screening - to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required.
- Declaration of serious discipline history must be disclosed.
- MBBS or equivalent registrable with the Medical Board of Australia and registrationwith the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) plus completion of a higher degree in Ethics, Bioethics or Philosophy or a closely related field.
- Relevant qualification/s and registration must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- While not mandatory, experience in clinical ethics service delivery, experience and familiarity of adult learning and education skills, experience in reflective practice and debriefing, and previous research and publications in ethics or other relevant field would be well regarded.
- Permanent part time (20 hours per fortnight)
- Estimated total remuneration up to $110,044 p.a., comprising:
- Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist: Base hourly rate from $90.46 - $114.69
- Senior Medical Officer: Base hourly rate from $78.32 $90.46
- Senior Medical Officer - No Specialist Registration: Base hourly rate from $78.32 - $80.77
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Motor vehicle allowance
- Professional development allowance
- Granted private practice rights
- Overtime and on-call allowances
- Professional indemnity cover
- Professional development leave
- Annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.5 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Secondary and tertiary health services across more than 20 facilities
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
- A workplace culture that encourages people to bring their whole selves to work so that they can perform at their best
- Committed to reflecting the diversity of the Gold Coast community and ensuring each staff member is included and feels like they belong
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application utilising the Medical CV template provided byMonday, 12 December 2022.
Job Ad reference: GC458825