About the role
Function as a member of the paediatric team providing high quality health care in the area of Paediatric services to Caboolture Hospital, Metro North Hospital and Health Service.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops talent, values differences and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services
- Compassion is patient / client focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services or support in the delivery of services to patients
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
- Patient Focused drives high quality care and customer service throughout the health service
- Ethical Behaviour consistently role models values based leadership
- Taking Accountability takes accountability for actions, projects and performance
- Effective Communication proactively engages with others
- Collaborative proactively engages with others and shares information
- Emotional Intelligence demonstrated awareness and regulation of self and others' emotional states
- Decision Making critically analyses situations in the organisational context
- Demonstrated broad skills, knowledge and clinical competence in Paediatrics.
- Demonstrated ability to be part of both the hospital wide educational activities of the Paediatric Department, as well as ability to supervise and teach junior medical staff attached to the Department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to undertake quality improvement and best practice activities within the Paediatric environment with ability to be part of Quality assurance activities within the department/hospital.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and research within Paediatrics.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary human resource management issues with particular reference to Workplace Health and Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-discrimination.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: CAB466544
Close date: Thursday, 02 February 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED