Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist - Psychiatry (Consultant Child & Youth Psychiatrist) Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 4 views
About the role
- Child and Youth Mental Health Service Acute Response Team (CYMHS-ART) at Redcliffe-Caboolture is a new dedicated team, which expands existing child and youth mental health services. CYMHS-ART will provide rapid assessment, consultation liaison psychiatry, community follow-up, and brief intervention for children, young people and their families presenting in mental health crises to local hospitals (Redcliffe & Caboolture).
- Provide clinical leadership and speciality psychiatry services to CYMHS-ART (Redcliffe & Caboolture) and to contribute to the overall development and quality of an integrated and recovery orientated Mental Health Service.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times.
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops talent, values differences and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services.
- Compassion is patient / client focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services or support in the delivery of services to patients.
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders.
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard.
- The successful applicant must have a Scope of Clinical Practice (SoCP) awarded by a Metro North Health Credentialing and SoCP Committee appropriate to the role. Information presented for application may be presented to the Committee during the selection process and all appointments are subject to maintenance of SoCP within the Clinical Skills Capability Framework for the facility in which the clinical work is to be undertaken. This process must be completed prior to commencement.
- Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Psychiatrist or working towards.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist or equivalent post-graduate specialist qualification or eligible for registration as a Specialist in Psychiatry with the Medical Board of Australia or awaiting registration.
- MBBS or equivalent qualification from a tertiary institute acceptable to the Medical Board of Australia for registration as a medical practitioner in Australia..
- A University appointment would be highly desirable.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: CAB466213
Close date: Wednesday, 01 February 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED