Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist (Surgeon) (Hervey Bay & Maryborough) Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Wide Bay 3 views
Take a chance, progress your career and discover all that the Wide Bay has to offer.
- The role of the Staff Specialist is to provide high quality clinical and non-clinical services to directly or indirectly benefit the patients/clients of the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service. This includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future.
- Assist the Clinical Director (General Surgery) and the Director Medical Services to ensure General Surgical Services provided are of the highest standard and delivered in an efficient and effective manner
- Assist with the education and supervision of surgical trainees and other medical staff, medical students, allied health and nursing staff
Covid 19 Vaccination: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ))
Prior to being made an offer of employment, you will berequired to demonstrate immunity to the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases ( https://tinyurl.com/yc6pgyt2 )(VPD): Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (chicken pox) and Pertussis (whooping cough).
From 9th December 2019 all new employees will be required to be assessed for their risk of Tuberculosis (TB). For further information regarding TB please visit Queensland Health website: Tuberculosis ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/clinical-practice/guidelines-procedures/diseases-infection/diseases/tuberculosis/screening/healthcare-workers-students )
Find out more in the Role Description.
Remuneration value up to $430,003 p.a., comprising salary between $189,406 - $239,377 p.a., (L18L27), motor vehicle allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover and private practice arrangements. Overtime and on-call allowances will be negotiated with the successful applicant upon appointment. Superannuation (up to 12.75%) and annual leave loading (17.5%) will be applied additionally to the total remuneration value. (Permanent Full Time, 80 hours p.f.) (Applications will remain current for 12 months). Job Ad Reference: H2304WB481305
Other benefits include:
- Fantastic salary sacrificing ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) benefits
- Professional Development Allowance
- Professional Development Leave
- Flexible work arrangements
- Lower cost of living
Discover Fraser Coast
TheFraser Coast ( https://tinyurl.com/y9akq67d ), known for its diverse, natural landscapes,laid-back lifestyleand mild climate, is located just a quick 45-minute flight north of Brisbane. Thisdestinationwith a difference is the stepping off point to the World Heritage-listedFraser Island ( https://tinyurl.com/ybbbdrms ), the location of incrediblewhale watching ( https://www.visitfrasercoast.com/whales-hervey-bay/ )encounters and has arguably the safest family-friendly beaches in Queensland. Stroll along the Hervey Bay esplanade for alfrescocafes,shops, picnic areas, playgrounds and vibrant marina, or soak up the history and culture in the provincial city ofMaryborough ( https://tinyurl.com/yalscytm ).
How to apply:
The Role Description and Information Package provide specific information on how to apply for the advertised position. If you have difficulty viewing this role description in .pdf format, please contact Wide Bay Recruitment at Recruitment-Wide-Bay@health.qld.gov.au ( mailto:Recruitment-Wide-Bay@health.qld.gov.au )
Join our Hospital and Health Service family and see what it's like to be in a supportive workplace with engaged teams working together to ensure
Care, connection and compassion for all'