Senior Workforce Policy Officer Full-time Job3 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 2 views
The Senior Workforce Policy Officer undertakes statewide strategic workforce planning, policy development, and redesign activities across the health workforce and in relation to endorsed health priority areas, population groups, and reform agendas. Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, research and analyse health workforce issues, and recommend strategies and projects, in order to enhance health workforce management, supply, and reform.
- Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders on a range of complex and sensitive health workforce issues.
- Compile high quality reports, submissions, plans and consultative documents on a broad range of complex workforce planning, service provision and management issues to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders.
- Liaise with and manage interactions across a diverse range of stakeholders regarding the development of health workforce planning and policy frameworks and develop effective partnerships to address workforce priority areas.
The successful person
You will have demonstrated:
- High level skills in researching and developing health workforce policy and planning frameworks in a complex health service delivery environment.
- High level oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to prepare advice, briefings, and reports of a complex nature.
- Proven ability to effectively liaise, engage, and negotiate with a range of government, industry, and community stakeholders regarding the development of substantial workforce planning and policy initiatives to achieve positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to work within critical set timeframes.
- Proven knowledge of health workforce issues including the needs of key population and workforce groups, and the functions and operations of a complex health service delivery agency.
The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
Clinical Planning and Service Strategy (CPSS) is responsible for delivering clinical service strategy and planning, workforce strategy and planning and leadership, mental health strategy and planning and precision medicine and research functions to improve health services available to the Queensland community, optimise health gains, reduce inequalities, and maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the health system. The Division collaborates with health system leaders, Hospital and Health Services (HHSs), clinical networks, key healthcare service providers, research and academic organisations, State and Commonwealth agencies as well as non-government organisations and other divisions.
- A fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.