Sleep Sciences Clinical Educator Full-time Job3 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 5 views
About the role
The role will provide high level clinical advice to the multidisciplinary team as well as clinical practice supervision of less experienced staff and students.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops talent, values differences and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services
- Compassion is patient / client focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services or support in the delivery of services to patients
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge, clinical expertise and skill in the practices of sleep disorder investigation, analysis, reporting, training and patient clinical support.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with a range of internal and external stakeholders using high level oral and written communication skills including consultation, collaboration, engagement, negotiation, advice and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to meet the educational needs of staff, trainees and students through initiating, planning and evaluating high quality, evidence-based education, training and orientation programs.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute towards planning, implementing and evaluating local quality and service improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical supervision to staff, trainees and students utilising contemporary knowledge of professional standards in Sleep Science
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: PCH478688 Close date: Wednesday, 19th April 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED