Social Worker/Discharge Facilitator Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 8 views
About the role
The position delivers high quality, evidence-based Social Work clinical services within the Vulnerable Adults Team, working with consumers, their families, and carers in an inpatient setting. This position operates as a member of an integrated multidisciplinary mental health team with a focus on the planning and provision of clinical care and therapeutic interventions within recovery and trauma-informed care frameworks.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops own talent through ongoing professional development, values differences and recognises importance of teamwork in health service delivery
- Compassion is completely consumer focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of consumer services
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our consumers and stakeholders
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
In terms of technical knowledge, skills and experience and within the context of the responsibilities described above under Key Accountabilities, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated competent level of knowledge and skills in evidence based mental health service provision in an inpatient setting, including Social Work assessment, formulation, and intervention, both individually and within a group setting, as applied to the clinical management of people with mental illness with complex needs, with a focus on supporting consumer recovery and self-management.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in a multidisciplinary team utilising comprehensive communication skills to work collaboratively with consumers, family members/carers, other government and non-government agencies and other team members.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles, processes and environments that support recovery and an ability to work within a Recovery and Trauma Informed Framework.
Demonstrated experience in the identification, development and implementation of quality and service improvement activities and the ability to provide clinical practice supervision to less experienced staff members and education to students commensurate with level of experience.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: MH465376
Close date: Friday, 03 February 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED