Speech Pathologist - Mental Health Full-time Job6 months ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 6 views
Are you passionate about outcomes for children and young people across Queensland?
We're committed to providing life-changing healthcare for children and young people for a healthier tomorrow.
About the Child and Youth Mental Health Service
The Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) at Children's Health Queensland specialises in helping infants, children and young people up to the age of 18 years who have complex mental health needs.
CYMHS works collaboratively and in a recovery-oriented way with infants, children and young people and their families. This means we recognise and help build on individual and family strengths for better health and wellbeing. By working together, we support children, young people and families to get back on track to reach their optimal mental health.
CYMHS has a number of teams across the Greater Brisbane and Pine Rivers regions. We serve our local communities, and we outreach across Queensland through some of our specialist programs. We provide community and hospital based services, outreach and telepsychiatry programs, early intervention, forensic and other specialty services.
Each year CYMHS takes pride in providing quality mental health services to more than 2500 Queensland children and young people, and their families.
The position of Speech Pathologist will:
- Deliver competent speech pathology services in the assessment and treatment of adolescents with severe and complex mental health problems and disorders, their carers and/or families, as a member of the AETC multi-disciplinary team to maximise consumer recovery. Provide competent speech pathology services to manage communication facilitating consumer and carer engagement and participation in mental health interventions and recovery. Provide competent core mental health services as a part of your role to case manage young people at Jacaranda Place.
What CHQ HHS can offer
Apart from contributing to the development of Australia's best paediatric health service, you will also benefit from a competitive remuneration package and a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities and supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing. Additional benefits include:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at CHQ HHS here ( http://www.childrens.health.qld.gov.au/work-for-us/ ).
It is a mandatory condition of employment for this role to be:
- vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).