Staff Specialist (Clinical Governance) Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 7 views
Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
Services provided include:
- Provide clinical expertise in reviews of serious clinical incidents to determine root causes and identify strong recommendations to address these and
- Provide expertise and guidance to build capacity within the Clinical Directorates in clinical incident management
- Examine the effectiveness of recommendations from serious clinical incident reviews and identify potential system and process improvements that can reduce the likelihood of recurrence across the health service.
- Deliver open disclosure to people effected by clinical incidents
- Work collaboratively with the operational Directorates:
- Princess Alexandra Hospital
- Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital
- Logan and Beaudesert Health Service
- Bayside Health Service
- Addiction and Mental Health Services
- Community and Oral Health Services
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19(Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF)(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )andQueensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF)(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ))
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ( http://www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team )