Staff Specialist (Consultant Psychiatrist) Full-time Job3 weeks ago Doctor / Physician North West Qld 6 views
- Unique locations
- Friendly communities
- Regional, rural and remote $$$ incentives
We are currently looking for a Staff Specialist (Psychiatrist) to join our team based in Mount Isa, far North Queensland.
The role is a challenging, interesting and diverse one; with provision of specialist psychiatric knowledge and skills to facilitate the delivery of quality mental health care to patients of the integrated Mount Isa Mental Health and ATOD Services and the Homeless Health Outreach Team.
If you are seeking to make a difference and impact upon healthcare for patients in some of the most challenging areas in Australia, this could be the role for you.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and experienced clinician who is looking for a change in direction, an opportunity to enhance existing skills and who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves'.
- Fellowship with the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (FRANZCP).
- MBBS or equivalent registrable with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Current registration or eligibility for registration as a Specialist in Psychiatry or other relevant clinical specialty with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Completion of training for the Mental Health Act 2016 - Authorised Doctor/Authorised Psychiatrist prior to commencement.
- Experience in Addictions psychiatry highly desirable.
- An interest in the Public health, particularly as it pertains to Indigenous and Rural and Remote Health, is desirable.
Wide open spaces and panoramic views; the NWHHS covers a total population of around 36,000 people living in a geographical area spanning 300,000 km2!
We have a number of critical industrial facilities in the region and a patient cohort that represents some of the challenges and casemix diversities that clinicians may not have encountered in previous roles.
This will be a fast-paced, complex and active role where you can make a difference every day; applying your advanced skills across a broad range of Psychiatry and working in relative isolation.
Have you considered the benefits of working with us?
A permanent full-time role is on offer with job security and a competitive remuneration package from between $420,345 and $586,102 p.a. (refer to Annexures A and B in the role description):
- Base salary (L18-L27)
- Attraction and retention incentive allowance of 50% base annual salary
- Regional and rural attraction allowance of 15% base annual salary
- Inaccessibility allowance of $34,500 p.a.
- Motor vehicle allowance
- 5 weeks Annual Recreational Leave accumulation with 17.5% loading when taken
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation of 12.75%
- Professional development allowance and leave of 3.6 weeks p.a.
Plus we can offer: FREE accommodation and tax savings through salary packaging options.
Make the change to Mount Isa; a vibrant, multicultural place, which entices people from all corners of the globe to make this wonderful outback city their home.
It's a family friendly city, rich with community pride and a land of opportunity for those seeking career, education, and outback lifestyle.
The Traditional Owners of the area are the Kalkadoon people.
If you are interested in this role:
Contact: the Medical Workforce Unit on 07 4744 4882.
Apply ONLINE by: Thursday 16/02/2023.
Pre-employment screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
This is a VPD risk role and may require evidence of vaccination or immunity to: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Pertussis, Tuberculosis and COVID-19.
A 6-month period of probation may apply.