Staff Specialist (Endocrine) Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 15 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence to emerge as the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
About your opportunity
- The role of the Staff Specialist is to provide high quality clinical and non-clinical services to benefit the patients / clients of the Townsville Hospital and Health Service (THHS). This includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future.
- The appointed specialist would be expected to contribute to the delivery of inpatient & outpatient endocrinology services and care.
- Lead and manage the provision of medical services in accordance with the standard of the speciality, the ethics of the profession and in accordance with the THHS and Queensland Health (QH) policies, in a hospital, community and outreach setting.
- SpecialistRegistration You will hold specialist registration (or be eligible to hold) with AHPRA as a Specialist in Endocrinology and hold a Fellowship in the Adult Medicine Division with the Royal Australian College of Physicians.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to commencement of clinical duties.
The ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following:
- Perform duties efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Treat patients and their families with courtesy and sympathy and treat all hospital staff and colleagues with courtesy and respect.
- Provision of ethical decision making in the achievement of organisational goals.
- Develop the philosophy of and put into practice the continual improvement of all services received from and provided to patients and staff.
- An intrinsic ability to both directly supervise and mentor junior medical staff.
- A track record of Undergraduate and Post graduate teaching and ward supervision skills
Prorata remuneration package of up to $486,763p.a. (+ other applicable allowances/benefits) comprising salary range of $7236.70 to $9175.30p.f. (L18-L27), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development assistance (allowances and leave). Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (over 320 days/year).
Living in Townsville ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDy257N5-o ) and Magnetic Island. ( https://www.magneticislandtourism.com/about-magnetic-island ) Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( https://whatson.townsville.qld.gov.au/ ) and a bustling nightlife.
For a confidential discussion please contact Dr Kunwarjit Sanglaon 07 4433 7516.
Applications ( https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV439853 ) close on Wednesday 5 October 2022.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.