Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Administer and provide leadership within a multidisciplinary team providing care to patients requiring services offered by the Department of Surgery.
- Advise on patient management in accordance with the best interests of the patient.
- Supervise the clinical care of patients by resident medical staff and liaise with other hospital staff to achieve best care for patients.
- Provide appropriate evidenced-based clinical care and, where necessary, delegate the provision of clinical care to patients under their name.
- Supervise junior medical staff to ensure appropriate provision of patient care; contribute to the delivery of teaching prevocational junior doctors within the hospital through guidance, seminars, tutorials, on-the-job and off-the-job training to clinical staff on their specialist area and demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development by attending relevant seminars and conferences to maintain up to date knowledge and practices and to maintain up to date college mandated requirements.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21 (PDF) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 (PDF))
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team.