Staff Specialist Psychiatrist Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 10 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia
About your opportunity
Theposition's purpose is to provide a Staff Specialist Psychiatrist service to the Townsville Mental Health Service Group (MHSG), specifically to the Child, Adolescent and Young Adult Service (CAYAS) within the difficult to engage adolescent area as part of the state-wide Assertive Mobile Youth Outreach Service (AMYOS) initiative.
What's on Offer?
Remuneration package of up to $486,763 p.a. (+ other applicable allowances/benefits) comprising salary range of $90.45 - $114.69 p.h. (L18 - L27), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development assistance (allowances and leave), and inaccessibility allowance (if applicable).
Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
- Employees must maintain vaccination protection and provide evidence confirming they have received the prescribed number of doses of COVID19 and Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD).
- Proof ofqualifications recognised by Queensland Health to practice in Medicine and current registration with or eligble for registration/membership with the Medical Board of Australia as a specialist psychiatrist.
- Appointment to this positionrequires proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- All applicantsmust be awarded SoCP by the THHS Credentialing and SoCP Committee. All appointments are subject to maintenance of SoCP within the CSCF for the facilities in which clinical work is to be undertaken.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- All employees of the MHSG may be required to work in other areas of the Service.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (over 320 days/year).
Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic.
Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in Northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDy257N5-o ) and Magnetic Island. ( https://www.magneticislandtourism.com/about-magnetic-island ) Plus, the city heart provides opportunity for boutique shopping, fine dining experiences, cultural events ( https://whatson.townsville.qld.gov.au/ ) and a bustling nightlife.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.