Staff Specialist (Respiratory) Full-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 4 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
Are you someone who is passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision, purpose and values?
- Put patients first in all that you do to optimise a seamless patient journey.
- Committed to achieving health equity and continuously improving safety and quality.
- Contribute to a high performing team, demonstrating a culture that lives our values.
About your opportunity
Permanent part time, 60 hrs per fortnight.
The role of the Staff Specialist is to provide high quality clinical and non-clinical services to benefit the patients / clients of the Townsville Hospital and Health Service (THHS). This includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future.
Lead and manage the provision of medical services in accordance with the standard of the speciality, the ethics of the profession and in accordance with the THHS and Queensland Health (QH) policies, in a hospital, community and outreach setting.
Salary: Remuneration package of up to $365,072 p.a. (+ other applicable allowances/benefits) comprising salary range of $90.75 to $114.69p.h. (L18-L27), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development assistance (allowances and leave), and inaccessibility allowance (if applicable). Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Qualified as a medical practitioner and current registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Possession of a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) qualifications or equivalent.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Respiratory and Sleep Studies) or equivalent.
- Skills in interventional bronchoscopy such as EBUS would be highly desirable.
- A class C motor vehicle licence.
- This position may require the incumbent to work at other facilities within the THHS.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Enjoy the benefits of urban living without the nightmare of metropolitan traffic.
Contact: John Binder on 07 4433 7516.
Apply ONLINE by: Tuesday 19/02/2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.