Team Lead - Accounts Payable Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Toowoomba region,Wide Bay 2 views
The Team Lead Accounts Payable position is responsible for the leadership and management of an accounts payable team that provides efficient and effective Accounts Payable Services to the Department, Hospital and Health Services and associated critical services, while ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures and agreed service specifications and performance standards.
The successful person
You will have:
- Demonstrated working knowledge in the use of contemporary financial management information technology, and other software applications relevant to an accounts payable function.
- Demonstrated ability to research and review information to assist decision-making.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and procedures applicable to the accounts payable function.
- Ability to set priorities, allocate and monitor workloads so that data integrity is achieved in accordance with system requirements and Accounting Standards.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to apply them in managing the daily operations of a team focused on providing a high-quality service to clients across the state.
- Demonstrated high level of autonomy and flexibility in response to change and support the workforce to embrace new expectations through clarity of the intended outcomes.
- Proven effective consultative skills, including written and oral communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills appropriate to an environment of change.
The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
Finance Transactional Services provides essential financial services to the Department and Hospital and Health Services. Finance Transactional Services is comprised of three teams - Accounts Payable which provides a dedicated accounts payable service to all HHS's, Finance Business Centre which provides financial transactions incl. accounts payable support for the Department of Health, and Statewide Finance Services which provides banking, corporate card services and S4HANA master data support for Queensland Health.
- A fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.