Team Leader Environmental Health Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 2 views
About the role
The purpose of this role is to:
- Manage the operational delivery of environmental health services across the hospital and health service. To protect, promote, prevent, recognise, evaluate and control risks to the community arising from environmental health hazards from the natural and built environment that impact on human health; and
- Provide specialist advice on environmental health issues, across multiple specialty areas, and contribute to the development of environmental health practices, policies, protocols and operational plans.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Specialist-level knowledge, expertise and skills in environmental health contemporary practice standards and service delivery.
- Ability to provide advanced environmental health advice to internal and external stakeholders and to prepare comprehensive reports and submissions.
- Ability to provide operational management and clinical practice supervision to environmental health staff, including the allocation of resources and a formal role in performance appraisal of subordinate staff.
- Ability to monitor the appropriate application of environmental health professional standards and the quality of work unit activities and lead the implementation of service improvement.
- Ability to promote and manage continual learning activities to enhance environmental health practice knowledge and expertise.
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times.
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops talent, values differences and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services.
- Compassion demonstrates self-awareness, resilience and manages ambiguity.
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our community and stakeholders.
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality and ensures accountability, acts with courage and manages complexity
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first. You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Job ad reference number: MN481081 Close date: Thursday, 27th April, 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED