Team Leader (Identified) Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 9 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
Are you someone who is passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
- Excited to take the next step in your career mission.
- Prepared to question and advocate for what is important.
- Are you a person who meets challenges head on.
About your opportunity
The Mental Health Service Group is seeking a Team Leader for their Cultural Liaison Specialist Services portfolio. This position is Temporary part-time duration of 5 months Thursday's and Friday's 30.4 hours p.f until 01/02/2023.
As a member of the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Wellbeing Assessment Engagement Service management team you will provide strategic direction and leadership to the Mental Health Service group to ensure the provision of clinical services are culturally informed, strengths focussed, safe and responsive to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families, and communities.
Generous remuneration package value up to $9490.00 p.m. comprising
- Salary range of $3644.50 to $3825.60 p.f. (HW7)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Posssession of Diploma in either
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- Mental Health
- Mental Health Peer Work
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to commencement of duties.
- Under s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a C class motor vehicle.
How you will be assesed?
- Demonstrated ability to combine your lived experience of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander family structures, culture, practices, and protocols with mental health and/ or addictions knowledge to deliver culturally responsive Mental Health Services.
- High level of ability to plan, implement and evaluate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Mental Health programs guided by Indigenous led research, practice, National, State and Local policies.
- Demonstrated ability to keep timely, appropriated and accurate records and relevant data collection.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written/verbal communication and negotiation skills including client and community engagement, advocacy and networking.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an active and outdoor lifestyle, where the sun shines for over 320 days of the year.
Living in Townsville ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDy257N5-o ) and Magnetic Island. ( https://www.magneticislandtourism.com/about-magnetic-island )