Team Leader (Identified) Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Townsville region 4 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity:
The Mental Health Service Group is currently seeking to recruit a Team Leader (Identified) to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Wellbeing Assessment Engagement Services.
Unders25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
The Team Leader - Cultural Assessment & Liaison Team Rural Program Area will:
- Provide operational oversight to a cluster of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers working within the Mental Health Service Group Rural Program Area.
- As a member of the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Wellbeing Assessment Engagement Service management team provide strategic direction and leadership to the Mental Health Service group to ensure the provision of clinical services are culturally informed, strengths focussed, safe and responsive to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
Generous remuneration package value up to $113,876 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $3644.50 to $3825.60 p.f. (HW7)
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Diploma in either:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- Mental Health
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Under s25of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- All employees of the Mental Health Service Group may be required to work in other areas of the service.
- 3-month probation period.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change? Discover Townsville
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Contact: Kevin Toby on 07 4433 8122.
Apply ONLINE by: Wednesday 15 February 2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.