Lead and manage resources at an operational level and provide high level ICT technical direction and support for the operation of enterprise systems within a large and complex site to ensure defined service levels are met efficiently and effectively.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Manage and coordinate diverse technical resources by providing guidance, advice and direction to meet and maintain defined service levels and execute work requests for server, storage and associated infrastructure. This infrastructure provides services such as network file services, access, DHCP and messaging.
- Provide high level ICT technical expertise, support and administration by complying with departmental standards, policies, procedures and ITSM processes.
- Promote best practice for IT Service Management by developing and implementing ITIL based practices and processes.
- Assist management's decision making by researching and analysing trends and issues to establish strategies to maximise benefits from information resources and technology and prepare reports on these findings as required.
For a full list of your responsibilities, please see the role description attached to this advertisement.
Are you right for this role?
Reporting directly to the Manager of Metro North DPT, you will demonstrate technical competency in the operational management of servers and storage using the following (or similar) technologies:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Novell Open Enterprise Server
- Windows Servers
- VMware ESX clustered virtual environments
- Windows System Centre Configuration Manager software and operating system deployment
- Novell eDirectory
- Microsoft Active Directory
- EMC VNX series SAN
- Dell and HP server grade hardware
- Enterprise backup IBM / TSM Spectrum Protect and Commvault
- Cisco UCS C240M3S-TRC1 series rack mounted server
As mentioned above, you will be supporting 10 direct reports, which will require you to demonstrate ICT leadership and management skills, including an ability to manage change and generate a culture of continuous improvement.
About - eHealth Queensland:
eHealth Queensland is one of the largest Information Communication Technology operations in the state. It is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of information systems and technologies so that Queensland Health employees and health providers have access to information that supports the delivery of health care.
Benefits of working with eHealth Queensland:
By joining eHealth Queensland you will work within a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment where every employee plays a critical role in our ongoing success.
You will enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, submit your resume and a one page cover letter online today.