Undergraduate Student In Nursing (USIN) Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 5 views
Are you interested in working forMetro South Health? If you are an Undergraduate Student in Nursing (USIN) and understand government processes, then we would love to hear from you.
Metro South Healthis Australia's first digital health service and the first health service in Australia to be recognised for excellence in person-centred care by Planetree International. It's also one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
Provide, develop and maintain a broad range of administrative support services including secretarial, reception, word processing and data entry, and other practices involved in the health service, to support the effective and efficient use of resources and promote professional standards of practice and conduct. Provide a high level of customer service, demonstrating understanding, empathy, patience and a positive attitude.
- Reports directly to the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) the Clinical Nurses (CNs) and RN in the ward.
- Plan workload, prioritise tasks, complete documentation and communicate actions in a timely manner to the RN and/or relevant healthcare team members.
- Responsible for completing nursing care in a professional, safe and compassionate manner; abiding by unit quality standards and escalating issues and concerns to the RN.
- Assist the RN to effectively assess, problem solve, plan and implement individual person-centred care.
ThisExpression of Interestcollects a variety of information that will help identify potentially suitable applicants for future casual and temporary employment opportunities. If deemed suitable your details will remain in the Talent Pool for a period of 12 months and should there be an employment opportunity you will be contacted to discuss the opportunity further.Additional selection processes(interview, reference checks and pre-employment checks) to further assess suitability for appointment to a specific position may be required.
- As part of the talent pool, you may be offered a casual or temporary employment opportunities that become available based on the order of merit.
- A pool will generally continue for a 12-month period.
- If you are placed in the talent pool, you may be offered a position within the relevant time period, however your appointment to a position is not guaranteed.
- By submitting an Expression of Interest, you will not automatically be considered for advertised vacancies. If you wish to be considered for a specific advertised vacancy at Metro South Health, please submit your application for the relevant vacancy via the Smart Jobs website and follow the process outlined for that vacancy.
Find out about how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace and we encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here:www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ( http://www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ).